The Appleyard Fund
Grants of up to £2,000 supporting research projects in botany or zoology, by Fellows or Associates of the Society.
The Appleyard Fund was established in 1968 from the estate of Percy Appleyard FLS. Currently up to £2,000 is available from which grants are made towards the expenses of research projects in the field of botany or zoology. Fellows and Associates of the Society who are not in full-time employment as biologists can apply. Registered students are not eligible to apply for this award.
- The fund is administered by a Committee appointed by the Council of the Linnean Society.
- Applicants must be a Fellow or Associate of the Society.
- The deadline for applications is 14th September.
- Applications should consist of an application form (PDF and Word doc) including an estimate of costs and sent to the Executive Secretary.
- Shortlisted applicants may be asked to provide additional information.
- All applicants will be informed of the outcome by the end of November.