**Please note extended application deadline**
Contract: Fixed term, two full days a week spread over two months (nominally 15 days in total)
Contract remuneration: £1,500
Location: The Linnean Society of London, Burlington House Piccadilly, London W1J 0BF
The Linnean Society has been given the library of the noted naturalist John Cloudsley-Thompson. This consists of several thousand books, approximately half of which have been catalogued and processed to date. The Society now seeks to contract in an experienced cataloguer to finish the remainder of the bequest, so that this important resource can be made available to scholars and students.
1. To catalogue a wide range of library materials from the donation of John Cloudsley-Thompson, with a focus on modern printed collections
2. Contribute to the development, discoverability and accessibility of this unique and distinctive collection
1. Cataloguing and classification, assigning subject and keyword headings, and ensuring catalogue data quality in accordance with library specifications, user needs, and relevant national and international standards
2. The creation of provenance notes to reflect the history of the donated material
3. Keeping up-to-date statistics on progress for submission to the Librarian
4. Working flexibly across a range of material, including serials
5. Follow library guidelines in the safe handling of material in the Collections
To apply for this role, please send your CV (including the details of two referees) and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role by email to email@example.com. Please refer to the Job Description and Person specification when writing your cover letter.
In light of the developing coronavirus pandemic, the deadline for this position has been extended to Friday 29 May at 12pm. We hope to conduct interviews (either remotely or in-person) in early/mid-June, but will keep applicants fully updated.
Informal enquiries about the role can be sent to the Librarian, Will Beharrell, at firstname.lastname@example.org.