The Anne Sleep Award
Awards of up to £3,000 to assist with biological research in the Middle and Far East.
Established by Mrs Ivy Sleep in fulfilment of the wishes of her daughter, Dr Anne Sleep FLS. Awards of up to £3,000 are made at (odd-numbered) two year intervals, to assist one or more scholars to carry out biological research in the Middle or Far East, or similarly for scholars from the Middle or Far East to pursue their own biological research in the UK. Those selected for awards should normally have recently obtained a PhD at a recognised institution and be of the highest academic standing.
- Proposals are to be no longer than 2 A4 pages including tables and references and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no standard application form. Illustrations may be enclosed on an additional page.
- For a proposal to be successful, the topic must be clearly circumscribed and achievable within defined time limits.
- Proposals must include a realistic budget.
- Proposals must have well-focused aims and objectives with specific outputs.
- Proposals showing evidence of collaboration with other individuals and organisations will be favoured.
- Owing to restrictions imposed by our bankers, grant funds cannot be paid directly or indirectly to individuals in countries subject to sanctions imposed by the UK government or otherwise where our bankers restrict payments.
- This grant is awarded every two years. The next application closing date will be 30 September 2023.