Get involved in important decision making for for £5,000 pot of money for schools & community groups across the UK
This is a new opportunity for 16-18-year-olds, anywhere in the UK, to participate in a Youth Panel which will be responsible for an annual grant pot of up to £5,000 to distribute to projects across the UK that seek to increase youth engagement with local natural spaces and encourage a deeper appreciation and understanding of nature.
The Youth Panel will take place online, using Microsoft Teams. The main task of the Panel will be to evaluate applications to the grant and select the awardees. This task will take place between the 1st November and the 20th December. There are smaller tasks before and after this period.
The overall opportunity is will be flexible to the time demands of its participants. The Panel will be assisted by the Education & Public Engagement Manager, Joe Burton, who will take up any strenuous activity such as short-listing, if necessary.
Why is this a good opportunity for me?
There are many reasons why you may choose to apply for this opportunity. Here is a small list:
- You will receive training in evaluating grant applications
- You will gain insight into ethical grant giving in a nationwide grant programme
- You will input into financial decisions that impacts individuals and communities across the UK
- You will debate, discuss and advocate for particular decisions with your peers
- You will be financially and logistically supported to visit one of the project that this grant funds
- The Linnean Society will provide a reference to be used in any future application
Apply to be on the Youth Panel
We have a limited number of places on the Youth Panel.
Application coming soon