James Abell, FLS
- J. Ellis, An essay towards a natural history of the corallines. London: 1755. [Dr J. Groner's copy].
- Ortus Sanitatis. Mainz: 1491.
Graham Avery, FLS
- C. Bicknell, Flora of Bordighera and San Remo or a Catalogue of the Wild Plants Growing in Western Liguria. Bordighera: 1896.
- J.J. Dillenius, Historia Muscorum. Oxford: 1741.
Ed Banks, FLS
- J. Sowerby, Coloured figures of English fungi or mushrooms. London: 1799. Volume 2.
- J. Walcott, Flora Britannica Indigena: Or Plates of the Indigenous Plants of Great Britain. Bath: 1778.
Dr Mark Benecke, FLS
- G.E. Rumpf, Thesaurus Imaginum Piscium Testacerum. Lugduni Batavorum: 1711.
- J. Gould, A Century of Birds From the Himalaya Mountains. London: 1831.
- C. Linnaeus,Species Plantarum. Holmiae: 1753.
Glenn Benson, FLS
- E. Lear, Illustrations of the Family of Psitticadae, or Parrots. London: 1832.
- T. Hardwicke, 26 Indian Zoological Drawings, c.1821-1822.
- W. J. Swainson, Five drawings of trees, c.1845-1849.
- Reboxing of a walking stick belonging to Robert Brown (botanist, 1773-1858).
- F. Currey, 14 leaves of drawings of fungi, mostly coloured [1840-1880].
- A. Cesalpino, De Plantis Libri XVI. Florence: 1583.
David and Daniel Burnett
- N. Winch, J. Thornhill and R. Waugh, The Botanist's Guide through the Counties of Northumberland and Durham. Newcastle: 1805-1807. Interleaved and annotated by Nathaniel Winch.
"Adopted in memory of our father George Dawson Burnett (1917-2000)".
Ian Caldwell, FLS, and the descendants, families and friends of John Stackhouse (1742-1819), eminent botanist, mycologist and marine biologist
- J. Stackhouse, [Manuscript notebook on fungi], MS 459.
Individual Contributors: Ian Caldwell, Tom and Lucy Acton, John de Lucy, Nemone and Charlie Caldwell-Robinson, Christopher Caldwell, Sasha French, Zoe Panetta, Catherine Morrison, Roberta Pomberger, Ron Walker, Christopher Newman, Elizabeth McAuliffe, Toby Caldwell, Iris Evans and family, Susan Jackson, Jonathan French, Sheila Paynter and family, Betty Ross, Pamela Wolf, Vivien Young, Mark Caldwell, Lucian French, and Timothy Clark.
Prof. Gregory P. Copenhaver, FLS
- F.A. Michaux,The North American sylva, or a description of the forest trees of the United States, Canada and Nova Scotia. Paris: 1818. Volume 2.
- Wilkes, Charles, United States Exploring Expedition during the years 1838, 1839, 1840, 1841, 1842, under the command of Charles Wilkes. Philadelphia: 1845. Atlas volume.
Lord Cranbrook, HonFLS
- J. E. Smith, A sketch of a tour on the Continent in the years 1786 and 1787.London: 1793. Volume 1.
Sir Robert Craufurd, Bt.
- L. Le Comte, Memoirs and observations [...] made in a late journey through the Empire of China, and published in several letters. London: 1698.
"Adopted for Lady Georgina Craufurd".
- R. Fortune, Three Years' Wanderings in the Northern Provinces of China, Including a Visit to the Tea, Silk, and Cotton Countries: With an Account of the Agriculture and Horticulture of the Chinese, New Plants etc. London: 1847.
- R. Fortune, Two Visits to the Tea Countries of China, and the British Tea Plantations of the Himalayas with a Narrative of Adventures and a Full Description of the Culture of the Tea Plant, the Agriculture, Horticulture and Botany of China. Third edition. London: 1853.
Gina Douglas, HonFLS
J. E. Smith,A sketch of a tour on the Continent in the years 1786 and 1787.London: 1793. Volumes 2 & 3.
Ian Endersby, FLS
George Montague,Monography (or treatise) containing observations on a range of subjects including fish, vertebrates, invertebrates, and birds, as well as indexes. [Manuscript], 1802. Including a Letter to George Montague by W.E. Leach, .
Michael Fay, FLS, Mark Chase, FLS, and Maarten Christenhusz, FLS
- A. Everardius, and R. Thorius, De Herba Panacea, Quam Alii Tabacum, Alii Petum, Aut Nicotianam Vocant. Utrecht: 1644.
- T. Pennant, [British Zoology]. London: 1766.
Cheng Man Fung
- C. Darwin, On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection. London: 1866.
"Adopted for my father, Cheng Tin San."
Ric Glenn, FLS
- W. J. Hooker & R.A. Salisbury,The Paradisus Londinensis. London: 1805-1808. Volumes 1-2.
"Adopted for floral artist Criss Canning."
- W. J. Hooker,Exotic flora. Edinburgh: 1823-1827. Volumes 1-3.
"Adopted for my father, plantsman David Glenn."
Martin Godfrey, FLS
- J. Bolton, Filices Britannicae. Leeds: 1785.
Martin Godfrey, FLS and Rosie Godfrey
- J. Hedwig, Descriptio et adumbratio microscopico-analytica muscorum frondosorum nec non aliorum vegetantium e classe cryptogamica Linnaei novorum dubiisque vexatorum. Leipzig: 1787-1797.
Supported by Martin and Rosie Godfrey in celebration of their 50th wedding anniversary (29 August 2020).
David Goldsmith, ALS
- Ortus Sanitatis. Strasbourg: 1499.
Susan Gove, FLS
- R. Pulteney, Catalogues of the Birds, Shells and Some of the More Rare Plants of Dorsetshire. London: 1799.
"Adopted in memory of Sam Berry."
- G. A. Olivier, Entomologie : ou, Histoire naturelle des insectes. Coleopteres.Paris: 1789-1795.
"In memory of Peter Forster, satirical wood engraver".
Jennifer Grundy, FLS
- N.J. Jacquin, Plantarum rariorum Horti Caesarei Schoenbrunnensis: descriptiones et icones. [Vienna]: 1797-1804. Volumes 1-4.
"Adopted in memory of Peter, my loving husband and mentor, and for the Fellows of the Linnean Society who have made me so welcome."
J. Evelyn,Sylva, or a Discourse of Forest Trees. London: 1670 [i.e., 1669].
“Adopted for Peter, who loved trees”.
A. Anderson, 148 watercolours of plants from the Botanic Garden in St Vincent, presented to the Linnean Society of London.
Alison Heath, FLS, and Roger Heath, FLS
- Sir J. E. Smith, (ed.). Caroli Linnaei Flora Lapponica. London: 1792. Copy interleaved and annotated by J. E. Smith.
- Robert Thornton. Temple of flora: or, Garden of the botanist, poet, painter and philosopher. London, 1812.
Hitchin U3A (University of the Third Age)
- Antonio Vieyra and J. D. Canto,A New Dictionary of the Portuguese and English Languages. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Browne [et. al.], 1826. Copy owned and annotated by Richard Spruce and Alfred Russel Wallace.
Dr Sandy Knapp, PLS
M. F. Dunal, Histoire naturelle, médicale et économique des Solanum, et des genres qui ont été confondus avec eux. Paris: 1813.
Dr Martin Kunz FLS
India. Department of Revenue and Agriculture. A collection of papers on bee-keeping in India. Calcutta, 1883.
Elaine Monaghan, FLS
A. H. Hassall,A history of the British freshwater Algae including descriptions of the Desmideae and Diatomaceae. London: 1845. Volumes 1 & 2.
"Adopted in memory of Dr John W.G. Lund CBE, DSc, FRS, FIBiol, FCIWEM, FLS; an eminent freshwater phycologist, my former boss, and always a good friend."
Professor Mark Otten, FLS
- G. F. Hoffmann, Vegetabilia Cryptogama. [Erlangen]: 1787-1790.
- Sargent, W. & Barton, B., Papers relative to certain American antiquities. Philadelphia: 1796.
Sargent and Barton's Papers: “Adopted in memory of my parents Robert R. Otten and Joan F. Otten.”
Dr Chris Preston, FLS
- William Hudson, Flora Anglica: exhibens plantas per regnum Angliae sponte crescentes. London: [privately printed], 1762.
"Adopted in memory of Mrs G. Crompton."
- J. Hedwig, Theoria generationis et fructificationis plantarum cryptogamicarum Linnaei. St Petersburg: 1784.
- Carl Linnaeus, Species plantarum. Stockholm, 1762.
"Adopted in memory of Mr P.H. Oswald."
Professor David Pye, FLS
- E. Topsell, The History of Four-Footed Beasts and Serpents. London: 1658.
Dr Elizabeth Rollinson, FLS
- J. Lindley (ed.). The ferns of Great Britain and Ireland. Nature-printed by Henry Bradbury. London: 1855-1856.
"Adopted for my amazing husband and soulmate, David."
Niki Simpson FLS
- Thomas Moore and Henry Bradbury, The nature-printed British ferns [Octavo edition]. London: 1859.
"Adopted in memory of my parents, Stephen and Alison Cruickshank."
- F.A. Michaux, The North American sylva, or a description of the forest trees of the United States, Canada and Nova Scotia. Paris: 1818. Volume 3.
- Goergius Wedelius, Theoremata medica. Jena, 1692.
Dr Anke Timmermann, FLS and Type & Forme Booksellers
- Albrecht von Haller,Nomenclator ex historia plantarum indigenarum Helvetiae(1769)
- F.A. Michaux,The North American sylva, or a description of the forest trees of the United States, Canada and Nova Scotia. Paris: 1818. Volume 1.
An online fundraiser to mark Dr. Timmermann's and Type & Forme's birthday. Individual contributors: Dr Ronald Brashear, Tim Bryars, Marcelle Hanselaar, Beth T. Kilmarx, Dr Kathryn Lowe, Prof. Andrew Prescott, Dr Sylwester Ratowt, Dr Alison Rawles, Dr Stephen Rawles, Elizabeth Shedd, Dr Brian Stagg, Dr Laurence Totelin, Dr Brigitte Van Tiggelen
- Draft of a letter from the Linnean Society of London to the East India Company on vellum, 1832.
Susan Wallace-Olson, FLS
- M. Malpighi, Anatome plantarum. London, 1675.
Dr Mark Watson, FLS and Dr Sy Sohmer, FLS
- A numerical list of dried specimens of plants in the East India Company's museum, collected under the superintendence of Dr. Wallich of the Company's botanic garden at Calcutta [a.k.a., "Wallich's Catalogue"], 1828-1849.
Dr Anthony Welch and Karen Welch
- John Evelyn, Silva: or, a discourse of forest-trees. London, 1786.
On behalf of Roy Welch.
Dr Werner Wiethege
- A. von Humboldt & A. Bonpland, Recueil d'observations de zoologie et d'anatomie comparée. Paris: 1811-1833.
Donations to AdoptLINN also enabled the conservation of the following items:
Martin Lister, Historiae sive synopsis methodicae conchyliorum et tabularum anatomicarum (1770).