Fellows and Associate Members of the Linnean Society of London residing in the United Kingdom can borrow up to six books from the Library, with the following exceptions:
- Books published before 1900
- Periodicals and serials
- Items containing original artwork or hand-coloured illustrations
- Oversize, rare, valuable or fragile books
- Items containing or consisting of manuscript material, including annotations
- Books with an important provenance or association
Loans are for one month, and renewable if not required by another user.
A postal loans service is available for members unable to visit our premises in person. Loans are sent by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery, with postage to be paid by the borrower. We ask that all postal loans are returned to the Society by a tracked method. Borrowers will be liable for any library returns lost or damaged in the post that are not sent by a tracked method.
Some limited reciprocal borrowing and consultation agreements are available in connection with the other Burlington House Societies. If you wish to use another Society’s library, please contact the Linnean Society Library.