Propose an Event
The Linnean Society of London holds an extensive programme of events which consists of Lunchtime Lectures, Evening Meetings, Day Meetings and Partner Events as well as Special Events. It is also possible to hire our rooms.
We aim to support events that cover not only biology but also its interactions with other sciences, as well as art and history of the natural sciences.
We welcome ideas and proposals for future events. If you would like to propose an event, please fill out the appropriate form below. We request that you answer as many of the questions in the proposal form as possible.
Please read our Guidelines for proposers before completing one of our forms.
- These lectures take place once a month (online only) and last 30 minutes
- Linnean Lunchtime Lectures are free and open to all
- They should be accessible to the general public
- Proposal form
- Evening Meetings take place every month in the Meeting Room at the Linnean Society and last 45 minutes
- These lectures usually illustrate some aspect of natural history and conservation sciences
- Proposal Form
- Day Meetings are conferences / symposia / events /meetings that are pertinent to the Society’s aims. They are organised in partnership with the Linnean Society and are hosted at Burlington House, London
- Day Meetings usually last one or two days.
- Day Meeting organisers are provided with the Meeting Room and Library to host the meeting, and will work in collaboration with Linnean Society staff in running the event.
- Day Meeting organisers are responsible for finding their own additional funds for speaker travel, speaker accommodation, and for delegate and speaker refreshments
- Applications may be submitted at any time of year, but ideally should be received at least one year before the date of the proposed meeting
- Successful applicants will be expected to provide a 500-word summary of the meeting to be published on the Linnean Society website
- To propose a Day Meeting, please fill out this form