August 2012: Medal winners
Medal Winners of 2012
The Linnean Society seeks to encourage excellence in the natural sciences by awarding a series of medals and prizes to scientists and artists for outstanding work in their field. Nominations are made by Fellows of the Society and put to the Council and specialist committees of the Linnean Society.
The Medals are presented at the Anniversary Meeting, which was on the 24th May 2012.
The 2012 winners are:
- Linnean Medal for Botany: Professor Stephen Blackmore
- Linnean Medal for Zoology: Professor Peter Holland
- Darwin-Wallace Medal: Professor Loren Rieseberg
- H H Bloomer Award: Ms Libby Houston
- Bicentenary Medal: Professor Timothy Barraclough
- Irene Manton Prize: Mr Alexander S. T. Papadopulos
- John Marsden Medal: Dr Joshua Frederick Coulcher
Click here for more information about our Medals, Prizes and Grants.