Meet the Team – Multimedia Content Producer
Published on 26th February 2019
Up next is Ross Ziegelmeier our Multimedia Content Producer.
What are the key parts to your role?
- Create multimedia content relating to the societies activities and collections.
- Collaborate with other biology related institutes in the production of digital content.
- Through media production training, support professional working in the field of biology.
What do you like most about your job?
- Being able to combine my two greatest passions, being the natural world and media production.
- Meeting interesting people working on some of the most cutting edge science in the field of biology
- Inspiring the next generation of scientists.
How did you end up in this job?
I studied Biology at The University of Nottingham, where I spent most of my time doing field work. Whenever I was out in the field I had my camera around my neck and photographed everything. I was also involved in student radio, television and many visual arts societies. These skills assisted me greatly in landing my first job in science communication. Over the years I have specialised into my current role where I now talk about science through multimedia production.
What is your favourite species of animal or plant?
Animal: Mohol Bushbaby (Galago moholi)
Plant: Japanese Toad Lily (Tricyrtis hirta)
What is the most interesting item to you in the Linnean Society collections?
George Robert Gray, The Genera of Birds...Illustrated by David William Mitchell. Incredible images.
What do you like to do in your spare time?
Read, Draw, and listen to music (sometimes all at the same time, don’t ask how).