The Society seeks to further the study of and enthusiasm for the science of Natural History in all ages - in short, to continue Linnaeus' legacy. Will you help us?
Your support could help us to:
- Enhance our grants to scientists: Support cutting-edge research in biodiversity, conservation, evolution and taxonomy. For example, we would like further to increase the monies available in our Systematics Research Fund, which we increased from £20,000 in 2011 to £25,000 in 2012
- Develop our education programme: Inspire and foster an interest and enthusiasm for natural history in future generations. For example, in 2012, we have a new education initiative, seeking to provide resources for the primary school sector, either directly for school pupils and/or through supporting primary school teachers who may not have a science background
- Undertake further conservation and digitisation of additional relevant collections, making these digitally available to a global audience. Such projects for which we are seeking funding can be seen via the link below
- Ensure our Library, Portraits and Collections remain in the best condition in perpetuity
- Develop and secure our premises in the long-term. Ideally, the Society would like to purchase its rooms in Burlington House, and we will be setting up a capital fund to this end