The Society's award-winning books and Synopses series
Other titles published by the Linnean Society can be found below.
To order the publications listed below click on the links or contact the Office Manager.
- Charlie Jarvis
- Gavin Bridson (second edition)
- Edited by Sandra Knapp and Quentin Wheeler
- Tom Kennett
Bicentenary History of The Linnean Society
- A T Gage and W T Stearn £5 (plus postage and packaging)
Sir James Edward Smith (A Biography)
- Margot Walker £2 (plus postage and packaging)
The Dalarna Journey
- £25 (plus postage and packaging)
Preserving the Archive of Nature
- Conservation booklet produced by the Linnean Society Library Committee £2 (plus postage and packaging)
Alexander Anderson's The St Vincent Botanic Garden
- Edited and transcribed by Richard A & Elizabeth S Howard £3.50 (plus postage and packaging)
The Linnean Society's Synopses of the British Fauna publications are a series of concise, systematic works on selected groups of animals designed for use as field guides. These illustrated field and laboratory pocket-size books meet both the needs of amateur and professional naturalists. Each volume presents a more detailed account of a group of animals than can be found in most field guides, and bridge the gap between the popular guide and more specialist monographs and treaties.