Virtual Treasures Tour
Walk the magnificent halls and library of the Linnean Society in central London and browse its historic Collections with our experts
|Registration:||Register on eventbrite.co.uk|
VIRTUAL TOUR 14.00–15.00 FRIDAY, 30 APRIL 2021
To replace our popular Treasures Tours, the Linnean Society is pleased to introduce a virtual tour of our building and collections. No matter where you are, you can join us on this journey.
Led by our knowledgeable and dedicated Collections staff, the tour will take you through Burlington House to the Meeting Room, the beautiful Reading Room of the Library, and into the collections store where the books, manuscripts and specimens of Swedish naturalist Carl Linnaeus are kept. Staff will tell the story of the Society and its Fellows (including Charles Darwin and Alfred Russel Wallace) through the collections’ artworks, rare books and manuscripts.
The format of the tour will be:
- Virtual tour of the building and the main collections with Head of Collections Dr Isabelle Charmantier (33 min)
- Brief Q&A
- An introduction to the Society’s rare books, led by Librarian Will Beharrell, and to the Society’s archives collections, led by Archivist Liz McGow (21 min)
- Brief Q&A
This event will take place online using Zoom webinar, and repeats on the last Friday of every month.
- This event costs £5 each session and is open to all.
- Registration is essential, and will close 24 hours before the event is set to begin.
- Once you have registered, just sit back and wait. You will be sent the joining links and details within 24 hours of event start time.
- Please check your spam / junk folders for the Zoom link on the day of the event.
To hear about more events in the future, subscribe to Linnean News.