The Rules of Engagement: How to Tailor Your Science Effectively
|Venue:||The Linnean Society of London, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London, W1J 0BF, United Kingdom|
0207 434 4479 ext 228
LINNEAN LEARNING 15:00–17:30 Friday 7 December 2018
Have you ever been in a room talking about your research and you see members of the audience yawning, closing their eyes and worse of all nodding off? It's disheartening as you feel as if you have failed to connect with them and in their eyes your research is neither interesting or important. It is extremely frustrating especially when you know that your research is important, interesting and relevant to their lives.
This workshop will demonstrate how to effectively communicate your research to different audiences. It will explore the common errors in engagement and how to create content that will grab the public not lose them.
Participants may bring their own research to the workshop or work from examples provided by the Society.
- This event is free and open to all (though it will be particularly useful for early-years researchers).
- Registration is essential. Places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Doors will open at 15:00.
- Following the workshop, there will be a networking event in the library where tea will also be served.
- This event is the second in a series of student skills events leading up to our first-ever Linnean Society Student Conference. More info can be found here.