Student Spotlights 2020: Discover the next generation of natural historians
|Venue:||The Linnean Society of London, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London, W1J 0BF, United Kingdom View map and get directions|
0207 434 4479 ext 211
DAY MEETING 10:00–17:30 Friday 7th February 2020
Come and listen to the next generation of natural historians speak about their research.
In this public-facing conference we will be testing research students’ engagement skills through both oral and poster competitions. Support these up-and-coming scientists and learn about the latest natural history research. The conference will end with a guest lecture last year's speaking winner, by Alexandra McGoran, NHM & Royal Holloway, University of London.
Selected speakers include (titles pending):
- Sabhrina Aninta - Queen Mary University of London
- Meg Cathcart-James - University of Reading
- Imogen Cavadino - RHS, Newcastle University
- Maude Grenier - University of Edinburgh
- Tomos Jones - University of Reading
- Louisse Mirabueno - NIAH EMR, University of Reading
- Stephanie Skipp - University of East London
- Chawata Thanoosing - Imperial College London, NHM
Selected posters include:
- Lizzie Jones - Royal Holloway, Institute of Zoology
- Galina Jonsson - NHM, Imperial College London
- Andrea Parisi - Middlesex University
- James Rowland - Harper Adams University
- Sabrina Schalz - Middlesex University
- This event is free and open to all.
- Registration is essential. Seats will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The day includes lunch, refreshments and a wine reception.
- Doors will open at 09:45.
- The full programme with abstracts will be available to download in January.
The Linnean Society Student Conference 2020 - FREE Tickets available
Once your Registration has been successfully submitted, you will receive a CONFIRMATION EMAIL.