The Burlington House Lecture 2019
The Courtyard Societies
02074344479 EXT 211
SPECIAL LECTURE Wednesday 11 December 2019 18:30–20:30
Unwrapping the Secrets of our Past: A Molecular Journey through History
Under the theme of UNESCO's International Year of the Periodic Table (#IYPT19), the Burlington Courtyard societies proudly present a collaborative curation of an evening with three distinct lectures covering the importance of elemental chemistry in medieval scriptures, cosmological discoveries and archaeological clay works.
Professor Richard Evershed, University of Bristol, United Kingdom: 'Chemical fingerprints of prehistoric food and farming'
Professor Andy Beeby, University of Durham, United Kingdom: 'From Molecules to Manuscripts'
Dr Helen Fraser, The Open University, United Kingdom: 'The cosmic chemical cauldron'
- This event is free and open to all.
- Registration is essential. Seats will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Doors will open at 18:00.
- This event is being held at the Royal Academy of Arts
- To book please visit the Royal Society of Chemistry's website.