How are we communicating the importance of taxonomy and systematics?
|Venue:||The Linnean Society of London, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London, W1J 0BF, United Kingdom View map and get directions|
02074344479 EXT 211
|Registration:||Open (89 places remaining)|
SPECIALIST GROUP MEETING 11:00–16:30 Friday 7 September 2018
Plenary Meeting of the Taxonomy and Systematics Committee of the Linnean Society of London
This meeting will bring together educators, content producers and academics to explore the ways in which we communicate the importance of taxonomy and systematics in different settings and to different audiences.
This day meeting can be divided into four themes.
- DIGITAL MEDIA - How can we make best use of video and audio content?
- MUSEUMS AND LEARNING CENTRES - What are we doing to engage our visitors with the naming of the natural world?
- FORMAL EDUCATION - With such a tiny part of formal education being dedicated to taxonomy and systematics, how can we communicate our message most efficiently?
- IDENTIFICATION RESOURCES - Are the days of searching through Systema Naturae gone and replaced with apps?
A small selection of posters of engagement work will be presented throughout in the Library. You can submit your poster for review by email: email@example.com
Speaker details TBA
Think you could provide a good talk in one of the above themes? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration fee (£15) includes lunch and refreshments.
- The event will be followed by a wine reception.
- Follow the event on Twitter #InnovaTS
How are we communicating the importance of taxonomy and systematics? - £15.00 (89 places remaining)
Once your Registration has been successfully submitted, you will receive a CONFIRMATION EMAIL. Please print it off and bring it with you on the day.