Shells and Pebbles (Summer Special Art Class)
This special summer class will look at drawing and painting of shells and pebbles using pen-and-ink and/or watercolour.
|Venue:||The Linnean Society of London, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London, W1J 0BF, United Kingdom|
02074344479 ext 228
ART CLASS 10:00–16:00 Thursday 8th August 2019
This workshop is for adults and is aimed to accommodate mixed abilities, with tuition for all levels. The classes have a maximum of ten students, and usually there will be two tutors, so that individual attention is possible.
Basic watercolour materials will be provided, although participants are encouraged to bring their own if they have them.
A full listing of upcoming workshops can be found here: Discovery Workshops
This special summer class will look at drawing and painting shells and pebbles using pen-and-ink and/or watercolour. An interesting display of shells, minerals and gems, as well as natural history illustrations, will be the source of the work. The overall work may be done as a study page, or to produce a still life.
This special event will also include a visit to the neighbouring Geological Society to see their impressive collections and building.
The class will take place in the newly-built studio in the Linnean Society, which has a wonderful cabinet display of books and objects.
This workshop costs £60 and is open to all.
- Registration is essential to secure your place.
- Places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Doors will open at 9.45 and the workshops will begin at 10.00.
- Basic materials, as well as teas and coffees, will be provided.
- The workshops include an hour lunch break. Participants are encouraged to take their lunch outside the Society as there are no convenient facilities for eating - the Discovery Room itself is home to some of the Society's unique historical collections.
PSSST! Did you know the Discovery Workshop programme is non-for-profit, with any leftover income cycling back to subsidise places for those who are unable to pay? To apply for a subsidised or free place, please send an email to email@example.com, noting which workshop/course you are interested in attending.