Painting Summer Fruits and Flowers
This two-day course will aim to introduce students to some of the complexities of fruit painting and may be combined with painting flowers in watercolour.
The Linnean Society of London, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London,
United Kingdom View map and get directions
TWO-DAY ART CLASS 10:00–16:00 Tuesday 21st and Wednesday 22nd May 2019
All workshops are aimed to accommodate mixed abilities, with tuition for all levels.
The classes have a maximum of ten students, and usually there will be two tutors, so that individual attention is possible.
Basic watercolour materials will be provided, although participants are encouraged to bring their own if they have them.
This two-day course will aim to introduce students to some of the complexities of fruit painting and may be combined with painting flowers in watercolour. The composition may be juxtaposed with pieces of porcelain to produce a still life composition.
The course will include a visit to the unique Linnean Treasures Collection and a visit to the Library to see fruit paintings.
The classes will take place in the newly-built studio in the Linnean Society, which has a wonderful cabinet display of books and objects.
This two-day workshop costs £120 and is open to all.
- Registration is essential to secure your place.
- Places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Doors will open at 9.30 and the workshops will begin at 10.00.
- Basic materials, as well as teas and coffees, will be provided.
- The workshops include an hour lunch break. Participants are encouraged to take their lunch outside the Society as there are no convenient facilities for eating - the Discovery Room itself is home to some of the Society's unique historical collections.
You can find Rebecca and Sandy on Instagram, @DrawnFromNature
Two day art class - Painting Summer Fruits and Flowers - £120.00 (8 places remaining)
Once your Registration has been successfully submitted, you will receive a CONFIRMATION EMAIL. Please bring it with you on the day, either in print or on your phone.