Painting Summer Fruits and Flowers
This two-day course will aim to introduce students to some of the complexities of fruit painting and may be combined with painting flowers in watercolour.
The Linnean Society of London, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London,
TWO-DAY ART CLASS 10:00–16:00 Tuesday 21st and Wednesday 22nd May 2019
This workshop is for adults and is aimed to accommodate mixed abilities, with tuition for all levels.
The classes have a maximum of ten students, and usually there will be two tutors, so that individual attention is possible.
Basic watercolour materials will be provided, although participants are encouraged to bring their own if they have them.
A full listing of upcoming workshops can be found here: Discovery Workshops
This two-day course will aim to introduce students to some of the complexities of fruit painting and may be combined with painting flowers in watercolour. The composition may be juxtaposed with pieces of porcelain to produce a still life composition.
The course will include a visit to the unique Linnean Treasures Collection and a visit to the Library to see fruit paintings.
The classes will take place in the newly-built studio in the Linnean Society, which has a wonderful cabinet display of books and objects.
This two-day workshop costs £120 and is open to all.
- Registration is essential to secure your place.
- Places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Doors will open at 9.30 and the workshops will begin at 10.00.
- Basic materials, as well as teas and coffees, will be provided.
- The workshops include an hour lunch break. Participants are encouraged to take their lunch outside the Society as there are no convenient facilities for eating - the Discovery Room itself is home to some of the Society's unique historical collections.
PSSST! Did you know the Discovery Workshop programme is non-for-profit, with any leftover income cycling back to subsidise places for those who are unable to pay? To apply for a subsidised or free place, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting which workshop/course you are interested in attending.