Painting Butterflies and Moths
This will be a day of drawing and painting in watercolour butterflies from the Linnean Society's handling collection.
The Linnean Society of London, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London,
United Kingdom View map and get directions
ART CLASS 10:00–16:00 Tuesday 2nd July 2019
All workshops are aimed to accommodate mixed abilities, with tuition for all levels.
The classes have a maximum of ten students, and usually there will be two tutors, so that individual attention is possible.
Basic watercolour materials will be provided, although participants are encouraged to bring their own if they have them.
This class will be a day of drawing and painting in watercolour butterflies from the Linnean Society's handling collection. It will aim to provide a better understanding of the structure and life of butterflies and moths. It will include a visit to the library to see work from
The class will include a visit to the Linnean Society's Library to see work from past Masters, including the extraordinary paintings of Maria Sibylla Merian (1647-1717).
The classes will take place in the newly-built studio in the Linnean Society, which has a wonderful cabinet display of books and objects.
This two-day workshop costs £60 and is open to all.
- Registration is essential to secure your place.
- Places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Doors will open at 9.30 and the workshops will begin at 10.00.
- Basic materials, as well as teas and coffees, will be provided.
- The workshops include an hour lunch break. Participants are encouraged to take their lunch outside the Society as there are no convenient facilities for eating - the Discovery Room itself is home to some of the Society's unique historical collections.
You can find Rebecca and Sandy on Instagram, @DrawnFromNature
Art class - Painting Butterflies and Moths - £60.00 (7 places remaining)
Once your Registration has been successfully submitted, you will receive a CONFIRMATION EMAIL. Please bring it with you on the day, either in print or on your phone.