One day painting course at the Linnean
|Venue:||The Linnean Society of London, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London, W1J 0BF, United Kingdom|
+44 (0)20 7434 4479 228
ART CLASS 10:00–16:00 Tuesday 10 April 2018
Historically, botanical paintings were made from looking at pressed plants - this class will explore that process and work from pressed examples along with a selection of the Society's insects, herbarium sheets and shells.
This watercolour workshop will start with a special viewing of the Linnaean collections in the vault, along with an exploration of some original artwork in the beautiful library, and participants will then work on drawing the specimens in the newly built Discovery Room.
Some materials will be provided, but participants are encouraged to bring their own painting equipment.
- This workshop costs £60 and is open to all.
- Registration is essential to secure your place.
- Places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Doors will open at 9.30 and the workshop will begin at 10.00.
- The workshop includes an hour lunch break. Participants will not be able to consume food or drink within the building.