Flowers in Vintage Vases
This two-day course will act as a re-cap of watercolour painting methods as well as working on drawing and painting ‘still life.’
The Linnean Society of London, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London,
United Kingdom View map and get directions
TWO DAY ART CLASS 10:00–16:00 Tuesday 19th and Wednesday 20th March 2019
All workshops are aimed to accommodate mixed abilities, with tuition for all levels.
The classes have a maximum of ten students, and usually there will be two tutors, so that individual attention is possible.
Basic watercolour materials will be provided, although participants are encouraged to bring their own if they have them.
This two-day course will act as a re-cap of watercolour painting methods as well as working on drawing and painting ‘still life.’ Materials will include pen-and-ink and watercolour, with the chance to paint a delightful arrangement of spring flowers in beautiful jugs and vases. To help understand technique and composition, the work of contemporary artists, such as Elizabeth Blackadder, Angie Lewin and the late Mary Fedden, will be discussed.
The course will include a visit to the unique Linnean Treasures Collection and a visit to the Library to see flower illustrations
The classes will take place in the newly-built studio in the Linnean Society, which has a wonderful cabinet display of books and objects.
This two-day workshop costs £120 and is open to all.
- Registration is essential to secure your place.
- Places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Doors will open at 9.30 and the workshops will begin at 10.00.
- Basic materials, as well as teas and coffees, will be provided.
- The workshops include an hour lunch break. Participants are encouraged to take their lunch outside the Society as there are no convenient facilities for eating - the Discovery Room itself is home to some of the Society's unique historical collections.
You can find Rebecca and Sandy on Instagram, @DrawnFromNature
Two day art class - Flowers in Vintage Vases - £120.00 (6 places remaining)
Once your Registration has been successfully submitted, you will receive a CONFIRMATION EMAIL. Please bring it with you on the day, either in print or on your phone.