Easter Special: Eggs, feathers and nests
This class will look at drawing and painting eggs, feathers and nests using watercolours and inks
The Linnean Society of London, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London,
United Kingdom View map and get directions
ART CLASS 10:00–16:00 Friday 3rd April 2020
This workshop is for adults and is aimed to accommodate mixed abilities, with tuition for all levels.
The classes have a maximum of ten students, and usually there will be two tutors, so that individual attention is possible.
Basic watercolour materials will be provided, although participants are encouraged to bring their own if they have them.
A full listing of upcoming workshops can be found here: Discovery Workshops
This class will look at drawing and painting eggs and feathers using watercolours and inks. An exotic display of real nests, feathers and eggs, as well as natural history illustrations, will be the source. The overall work may be done as a study page or combined with pottery to produce a still life.
The day will include a visit to the Linnean Society's library to see examples of illustrations, as well as a short talk about birds’ eggs.
The classes will take place in the newly-built studio in the Linnean Society, which has a wonderful cabinet display of books and objects.
This one-day workshop costs £60 and is open to all.
- Registration is essential to secure your place.
- Places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Doors will open at 9.30 and the workshops will begin at 10.00.
- Basic materials, as well as teas and coffees, will be provided.
- The workshops include an hour lunch break. Participants should bring their own lunch, or purchase from local shops. Participants are encouraged to take their lunch outside the Society as there are no convenient facilities for eating - the Discovery Room itself is home to some of the Society's unique historical collections.
PSSST! Did you know the Discovery Workshop programme is non-for-profit, with any leftover income cycling back to subsidise places for those who are unable to pay? To apply for a subsidised or free place, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting which workshop/course you are interested in attending.
About the artists
Eggs, feathers and nests - £60.00 (4 places remaining)
Once you have bought your ticket online, you will receive a CONFIRMATION EMAIL. Please bring it with you on the day, either in print or on your phone. If you do not receive this email, please get in touch with email@example.com to confirm your place.
Refunds will only be available if the position can be refilled. Please see T&Cs for more information.