Easter Special: Eggs, feathers and bowls
This class will look at drawing and painting eggs and feathers using pen-and-ink and/or watercolour.
The Linnean Society of London, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London,
United Kingdom View map and get directions
ART CLASS 10:00–16:00 Thursday 4th April 2019
All workshops are aimed to accommodate mixed abilities, with tuition for all levels.
The classes have a maximum of ten students, and usually there will be two tutors, so that individual attention is possible.
Basic watercolour materials will be provided, although participants are encouraged to bring their own if they have them.
This class will look at drawing and painting eggs and feathers using pen-and-ink and/or watercolour. An exotic display of real nests, feathers and eggs, as well as natural history illustrations, will be the source. The overall work may be done as a study page or combined with pottery to produce a still life.
The day will include a visit to the Linnean Society's library to see examples of illustrations, as well as a short talk about birds’ eggs.
The classes will take place in the newly-built studio in the Linnean Society, which has a wonderful cabinet display of books and objects.
This two-day workshop costs £60 and is open to all.
- Registration is essential to secure your place.
- Places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Doors will open at 9.30 and the workshops will begin at 10.00.
- Basic materials, as well as teas and coffees, will be provided.
- The workshops include an hour lunch break. Participants should bring their own lunch, or purchase from local shops. Participants are encouraged to take their lunch outside the Society as there are no convenient facilities for eating - the Discovery Room itself is home to some of the Society's unique historical collections.
About the artists
You can find Rebecca and Sandy on Instagram, @DrawnFromNature
Art class - Eggs, feathers and bowls - £60.00 (8 places remaining)
Once your Registration has been successfully submitted, you will receive a CONFIRMATION EMAIL. Please print it off and bring it with you on the day.