Drawing and Painting a Nature Tableau
Inspired by Jan Van Kessel, participants will create their own nature collection art-piece.
|Venue:||The Linnean Society of London, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London, W1J 0BF, United Kingdom|
02074344479 ext 228
ART CLASS 10:00 – 16:00 Tuesday 21st January 2020
This course is for adults and is suitable for beginners and for those wanting to refresh their skills.
There will be a maximum of eight participants with two tutors so that individual attention can be given. All materials will be provided, although participants are encouraged to bring their own if they have them.
A full listing of upcoming workshops can be found here: Discovery Workshops
An exotic collection of natural history specimens will be the inspiration for this workshop, including colourful feathers, seed pods, fossils, skulls and bones. Select a few items and using watercolour make a study page inspired by the work of 17th Century artist Jan Van Kessel.
The class will take place in the newly-built studio in the Linnean Society, which has a wonderful cabinet display of specimens, books and objects.
This workshop costs £60 and is open to all.
- Registration is essential to secure your place.
- Places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Doors will open at 9.45 and the workshops will begin at 10.00.
- Basic materials, as well as teas and coffees, will be provided.
- The workshops include an hour lunch break. Participants are encouraged to take their lunch outside the Society as there are no convenient facilities for eating - the Discovery Room itself is home to some of the Society's unique historical collections.
PSSST! Did you know the Discovery Workshop programme is non-for-profit, with any leftover income cycling back to subsidise places for those who are unable to pay? To apply for a subsidised or free place, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting which workshop/course you are interested in attending.