A special FREE art class at the Linnean Society for 18-30 year olds
This free art class will aim to give a grounding in festive botanical drawing and watercolour
The Linnean Society of London, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London, W1J 0BF, United Kingdom,
+44 (0)20 7434 4479 ext 228
ART CLASS 10:00–16:00 Thursday 13th December 2018
The Holiday Season has come early at the Linnean Society as we offer up a whole class for free on the 13th December (usually worth £65)! For information on how to apply, please read the grey box below.
This festive art class will aim to give a grounding in botanical drawing and watercolour. Participants will learn of the Linnean Society's work and Treasures Collection, including a brief introduction to the great botanical illustrators of the past in the beautiful Linnean library.
The class will guide students through the different techniques and materials used in botanical and natural history painting and illustration. A nature table will be the centre-piece of the room, with an arrangement of exotic and diverse specimens.
Basic materials, as well as teas and coffees, will be provided. Participants should bring their own lunch, or purchase from local shops. Participants are welcome to bring their own materials if they wish.
The classes will take place in the newly-built studio in the Linnean Society, which has a wonderful cabinet display of books and objects.
This class is free and tickets will be allocated at random. Tickets are not allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
- To apply for a place, all you have to do is email email@example.com with your name and date of birth. This will not add you to any mailing lists.
- Please note that to apply you must be aged between 18-30 on the 13th December 2018.
- Closing date: 30th November 2018 (midnight). Successful applicants will be informed on 1st December 2018.
- Doors will open at 9.30 and the workshops will begin at 10.00.
- The workshops include an hour lunch break. Participants are encouraged to take their lunch outside the Society as there are no convenient facilities for eating - the Discovery Room itself is home to some of the Society's unique historical collections.
- Participants will have to pay for travel to and from the Linnean Society themselves.
About the artist
You can find our artist on Instagram, @DrawnFromNature