Tours and Visits
Our library and collections are the heart of the Linnean Society. Our tours are open to groups with an interest in Carl Linnaeus or natural history – academics, researchers, students, botanical and zoological illustrators.
- Tours can be arranged Monday to Friday, 10.00-17.00 (excluding Bank Holidays and the period between Christmas and New Year).
- Tours last approximately 1 hour. Please note that all tours are subject to staff availability and change.
- Our collections store is temperature and humidity-controlled; in order to preserve the specimens we can only accept groups of up to 30 people.
- Due to the nature of our collections and the size of our collections store, we can only offer tours to groups aged 16 and up.
- Our Treasures Tours take place once a month, to register as an individual please check our events page.
- For larger groups please find a registration form below. Please be sure to contact us as far in advance as possible to avoid disappointment. Please note that any groups over 15 will be separated into two groups on the day of your visit.
- For school groups of over 15 people please make sure that you include the requisite number of staff (at least two) in your party.