From peacocks to plesiosaurs and skulls to superdogs - explore the wonders of evolution. Equipment includes 3-D printed skulls, fossils, magnifying glasses and a variety of games.
Evolution Discovery Kit
This Discovery Kit has been put together to help teachers cover the topic of evolution with their students. The Activity Pack is designed to cover the following areas of the curriculum:
- Animals, including humans, have offspring which grow into adults
- Fossils are formed when things that have lived are trapped within rock
- Environments can change and that this can sometimes pose dangers to living things
- Living things produce offspring of the same kind, but normally offspring vary and are not identical to their parents
- Animals and plants are adapted to suit their environment in different ways and that adaptation may lead to evolution
The Activity Pack provided below contains a variety of activities, suitable for inside and outside the classroom environment. Some of the activities use the apparatus provided in the Discovery Kit, but others are stand alone and can be carried out with basic classroom equipment. We encourage you to use the Activity Pack to plan your lessons before the Kit arrives, to make maximum use of the time you have the equipment in school.
Before you can borrow any of our Kits, your headteacher must fill in the school agreement form below. To make a booking, visit the booking page.
This pack contains a variety of activities that can be carried out within the topic of evolution - download a copy to help with your lesson planning.
The Activity Pack refers to cards and games. You can download these here and print them off at school.
This form must be completed by the head teacher and returned to the Education team before any Discovery Kits can be borrowed Only one form is required per school.