Discover a variety of interesting intimate workshops related to the whole scope of natural history.
The Linnean Society hosts a variety of interesting workshops related to the whole scope of natural history. Please see our event listing below or visit the pages of our workshop providers for more information.
You can sign up to our Discovery Workshops newsletter to hear about new workshops first! Sign up here.
Prices are variable. The Discovery Workshop programme is non-for-profit, with any leftover income cycling back to subsidise places for those who are unable to pay.
To apply for a subsidised or free place, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting what kind of workshop you are interested in attending.
Discover... Art and Craft!
We've got a whole new bunch of art classes running from July through to December. Check them out below. New art classes by Stephen and a new artist will be announced soon - sign up to the mailing list to get an update when they go live.
Thursday 8th August (10-4): Shells and Pebbles [Rebecca and Sandy]
- Thursday 19th September (6-8pm): Mindfulness & Mandalas [Rebecca]
- Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th September (10-4): Wonderful Wings [Rebecca and Sandy]
- Thursday 17th October (6-8pm): Nature Printing with leaves [Rebecca]
- Wednesday 30th October (10-4): Ghostly Gouache [Rebecca and Sandy]
- Thursday 14th November (10-4): Painting Butterflies and Moths [Rebecca and Sandy]
- Thursday 14th, 21st, 28th November and 5th December (6-9pm): Introduction to Intaglio Printmaking Course [Katrina]
Wednesday 27th November (10-4): Christmas Cards [Rebecca and Sandy] Striked out events are sold out - you can add your name to the waiting lists on the event pages
Discover... Biomedia! (for ages 11-14)
For the first time, the Linnean Society is offering previews to our special Biomedia Meltdown science-art workshops which bring natural history to life in secondary schools across London.
These limited workshops are strictly for young people aged 11-14. A responsible adult must fill out an information form which will be sent via email after booking, and remain in the immediate area and be contactable throughout the session.
Do you have a workshop you'd like to deliver? Get in touch at email@example.com