Discover a variety of interesting intimate workshops related to the whole scope of natural history.
The Linnean Society hosts a variety of interesting workshops related to the whole scope of natural history. Please see our event listing below or visit the pages of our workshop providers for more information.
You can sign up to our Discovery Workshops newsletter to hear about new workshops first! Sign up here.
Prices are variable. The Discovery Workshop programme is non-for-profit, with any leftover income cycling back to subsidise places for those who are unable to pay.
To apply for a subsidised or free place, please send an email to email@example.com, noting what kind of workshop you are interested in attending.
Art Courses (Adults)
These courses are designed to give participants greater depth than our one day classes (see below).
- Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th September (10-4): Drawing and Painting - Wonderful Wings [Rebecca and Sandy]
- Monday 21st - Friday 25th October (10-4): An Introduction to Drawing - 5-day Intensive Course [Stephen]
- Thursday 14th, 21st, 28th November and 5th December (6-9pm): Introduction to Intaglio Printmaking Course [Katrina]
Art Workshops (Adults)
We've got so many one-day workshops to choose from! Striked out events are sold out, but you can add your name to the waiting lists on the event pages.
Thursday 8th August (10-4): Shells and Pebbles [Rebecca and Sandy]
- Tuesday 8th October (10-4.30): Drawing Nature - Accuracy, Proportion and Scale [Stephen]
- Tuesday 15th October (10-4.30): Drawing Nature - Drawing with Colour [Stephen]
Wednesday 30th October (10-4): Ghostly Gouache [Rebecca and Sandy]
- Tuesday 5th November (10-4.30): Drawing Nature - Emotional and Experimental Drawing [Stephen]
- Tuesday 12th November (10-4.30): Drawing Nature - Applied Drawing with Detail [Stephen]
Thursday 14th November (10-4): Painting Butterflies and Moths [Rebecca and Sandy] Wednesday 27th November (10-4): Christmas Cards [Rebecca and Sandy]
Evening Workshops (Adults)
Do you have a workshop you'd like to deliver? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org