Life Cycles Kit
Students will love learning about life cycles with our discovery kit. Equipment includes specimens in acrylic, inflatable life cycles and a butterfly hatchery.
Life Cycles Discovery Kit
This Discovery Kit has been put together to help teachers cover the topic of life cycles with their students. The Activity Pack is designed to cover the following areas of the curriculum:
- Explore and compare the differences between things that are living, dead and things that have never been alive
- Observe and describe show seeds and bulbs grow into mature plants
- Notice that animals, including humans, have offspring which grow into adults
- Explore the part that flowers play in the life cycle of flowering plants, including pollination, seed formation and seed dispersal
- Describe the differences in the life cycles of a mammal, an amphibian, an insect and a bird
The Activity Pack provided below contains a variety of activities, suitable for inside and outside the classroom environment. Some of the activities use the apparatus provided in the Discovery Kit, but others are stand alone and can be carried out with basic classroom equipment. We encourage you to use the Activity Pack to plan your lessons before the Kit arrives, to make maximum use of the time you have the equipment in school.
Before you can borrow any of our Kits, your headteacher must fill in the school agreement form below. To make a booking, visit the booking page.
This pack contains a variety of activities that can be carried out within the topic of life cycles - download a copy to help with your lesson planning.
The Activity Pack refers to cards and games. You can download these here and print them off at school.
This form must be completed by the head teacher and returned to the Education team before any Discovery Kits can be borrowed. Only one form is required per school.